I’m adding a status report to the bottom of the home page to show how far I am on each video. One of the initial purposes of the blog is to keep me on track with video production. While I can’t yet give a certain date of when the next video will be done, I’d like you to know what phase of the process I’m on. Here’s an what the status report looks like at the time of this blog post’s writing:
A quick breakdown, on the left are the phases and on the right are the states.
The phases have to happen in sequence, except for animating and scoring, which can both happen after storyboarding:
- Writing – this is the process of writing out the chapters. I’m actually with writing all the way to chapter four, and most of five is done. This is not a bottleneck to say the least 😄.
- Recording – recording voice for the video.
- Storyboarding – arranging the shots and composition for the animation.
- Scoring – creating the soundtrack. This is done by Seedling, not me.
- Animating – drawing, tweening, and sequencing frames.
Each phase will be displayed in one of 3 states. I believe that tasks, any tasks, can only exist in one of three states:
- Not Started/Waiting
- In Progress
Here it is broken into a table for reference 😋:
|Not Being worked on||Being Worked on|
|Not Done||Not Started / Waiting||In Progress|
I will will update the status report whenever I am ready to change the state of one of the phases.
By the way, the header image for this post is meaningless. It’s just that WordPress wouldn’t accept the image of the status report because it was too small. So I goofed out a sketch and called it a blog post.
Thanks for reading!